Well it's almost June, so regardless of the fact that the weather has been up and down, we're ready to hit up the outdoor rooftops and venues for some fresh air imbibing, sunset watching, sidewalk people watching and beer garden bonanza. Here's your guide to the summer's best outdoor drinking venues.
2. Gallow Green: This enchanting rooftop garden has returned to the top of the McKittrick Hotel (aka the home of Sleep No More). Sip a cocktail with a lover on the lantern-lit roof and watch the sun set while the stars come out.
3. Tequila Park: The sprawling outdoor patio at the Hudson Hotel has recently transformed into a taco and tequila spot. With colorful decor, a guitar player serenading the guests, foosball tables, and creative margarita and taco concoctions, this place is sure to get you smiling.
4. The Rooftop Lounge at The Pod Hotel: Talk about a hidden gem in the middle of Murray Hill! With the brick foundation, and sprawling views of the city, this rooftop has become a top destination since it opened less than a year ago.
5. Loopy Doopy at The Conrad Hotel: With unobstructed views of the Hudson, this high-in-the-sky Battery Park rooftop is ideal for after-work imbibing. Cool off with their liquor-based popsicles served with Prosecco (pictured).
1. Birreria at Eataly: It's open all year but now that it's getting warm out expect most days to have the rooftop retracted. Head there to catch some rays during the day, enjoy beers from their own onsite brewery and before you know it the stars are out!
2. Beekman Beer Garden Beach Club: Kick your shoes off and dig your feet in the sand at this downtown outdoor beachy spot right on the water complete with firepits for chilly nights. Check the site for the live music schedule.
3. The Frying Pan: It wouldn't be right to not include such a historical New York staple on the list. There's nothing like being in a boat on the Hudson right here in NYC. If you haven't been, yes you're missing out so check it out this summer!
4. Tavern 29: Enjoy craft brews, a wide selection of scotches, and comfort food at this midtown rooftop beer garden. Head there with friends and score your own picnic table.
5. Blue Ribbon Beer Garden: Grab your friends for some board game competitions, ping pong, BBQ, and beer at this new hot hops spot at the Thompson LES Hotel.
RESTAURANTS WITH GARDENS OR PATIOS
1. Mulberry Project: A gem in the middle of Little Italy. Mulberry Project has mastered the bespoke cocktail like no one else, so grab one and then snag a table in the back garden.
2. Hotel Chantelle: Now that it's warm enough to open the roof. Head here for the festive jazz brunches on the weekend!
3. Jones Wood Foundry: Enter the back garden and you'll feel like you're in the English countryside. This is one special UES spot.
4. Gemma: There may always be a wait but nothing beats sipping wine and snacking on appetizers at a prime location on the Bowery.
5. Back Forty: This little garden outback is the perfect city escape on a beautiful day, not to mention their cocktails and cuisine are top notch.