Just three months ago, another sandwich shop/bodega opened in Greenwich Village… however this isn't your ordinary sandwich shop. Instead of an ordinary pastrami sammy, you're getting a Chocolate-Ancho Chicken Torta (aka a Mexican griddle sandwich) and instead of a soda pop, you're pairing this Torta with one of NYC's best margaritas or a high-end tequila or mezcal. This 'sandwich shop' is the perfect spot for a quick meal or dinner and hours of drinking with friends. This Saturday head to Tortaria for their all day Cinco for Cinco Specials, yup you heard us $5 specials all day!
These specials will be served from 10am-1am. Details below:
Cinco for Cinco
- Tortaria only serves Mexican-style beers on tap. It will pour all 4 types for only $5 each. The selection includes: Agave Wheat, Pacifico, Negra Modelo, and Dos Equis.
- House Margaritas, made-to-order in the traditional style (only fresh-squeezed - no mixes or pre-prepared margaritas here!)
- Frozen Margaritas
- Shots of House Tequila
- Red Sangria, made from an authentic scratch recipe
- An order of made-to-order Guacamole, with a side of chips or our hand-pressed corn tortillas.
Cinco de Mayo Platters (Serving 1, 2, or 3-4)
- 1 Torta, 1 can of Tecate, 1 Shot of House Tequila - $14.24 (Serves 1)
- 4 Taquitos (one of each from the menu), Chips & Guacamole, and Spicy French Fries $16.53 (Serves 2)
- 8 Taquitos (two of each from the menu), Chips & Guacamole, and Spicy French Fries $28.00 (Serves 3-4)
Date: Saturday, May 5
Time: 10 a.m. to 1 a.m.
Full lunch/dinner menu will also be available. No brunch menu that day.
Photo Courtesy of Megan Martin